Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Dogs are family!

Dogs aren't just pets.


I don't know when it happened.  When I was growing up, way back when, dogs were pets.  Cute but forgettable, ignorable.  It wasn't just my family, but pretty much everyone in the neighborhood, everyone we knew, seemed to feel the same way.

Things have changed!  If you look around now, there are still people who consider dogs as things or maybe loveable but definitely not part of the family.

But there are alot more people now than there ever were who will 

1) talk to their dogs

2) take their dogs to doggie daycare

3) pay thousands of dollars for vet care

4) dress their dogs

5) take them on vacations with them

6) let them sleep in bed with them or buy them their own special beds

7) buy fancy collars

8) play sports with them

9) buy expensive food for them

10) call them their "kids" 


Heck, back in the day, alot of this stuff didn't even exist.  But it does now.

I like it.  My dogs have surprised me with their intelligence and emotions and never ending love.  I like to return the favor.  Sure, I have my human kids.  But my dogs are my fur kids.  They are important and part of my family, as I am part of their pack.

De Hufford
Made by De
www.coatsmadebyde.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

networkedblogs

Instagram